Monday, February 13, 2017

Introduction

I am a wife, mother, and a grandmother.  I was a soldier for twenty-one years in the military.  As solider, I had the opportunity to live in Europe with my husband and sons. While in Europe, my family and I were able to travel by bus, train, and car to various countries.
Going back to school after many years is an experience especially since falling ill.  As a part of my rehabilitation, my doctors recommended that I go back to school.  Now I am pursing a degree that would not only stretch my skills, but aid in my healing.  I chose NOVA because it offered the courses and assistance I need to be successful.
I attended college before but I am not able to utilize those courses of study anymore.  I am currently working to complete a major in Fine Arts. It is the right time for me to return to school, because I am ready to start learning new and old things again.
Even through I have a disability, I am able to drive to school. The United States Army brought me to this highly diverse region after living all over the world.  Attending NOVA has allowed me the opportunity to attend this diverse college. While at school, I will have my special friend in class with me. “She is a working Service Dog

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love your intro. I wish I have read it a long time ago. Very proud to be in the same peer team with such a special person as you are!

    ReplyDelete