Friday, March 17, 2017

Fake News


Fake news is one of those things that will always be around no matter where you go. It doesn’t matter if you go overseas or to another state it will always be there. The thing that I find funny about the fake news is that everybody is mad and yelling at each other that they’re the right side and you’re wrong. But why can’t we just look at what’s acutely and then talk about it like normal people and come to a group agreement. I know that this will never happen because in politics both sides will be out for blood and frankly I could care less about politics but this class forces me to think about something I hate.

I will just say that I hate doing these posts about fake news but since that is the assignment I must try. We can talk about fake news and where it is and why it happens but I would say the root of the problem is why do people care so much about it. I understand it’s a big deal but why do you have to get mad at someone who thinks different from you that the part that confuses me.

 Let’s say I’m a very well know TV host and I say one thing that is super fake but I tell the people watching the show that I have facts to back it up and I had groups look in to it to make sure it was right. You would probably believe me with no further information and if you don’t most of the world would.

That example is the problem right there if people just stopped with all that I think we would make this generation ten fold better but we’ll never know because it’ll never get to that point.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with what you have to say but how can we correct these ignorant people that fall into these fake news traps that are as you said the people that are putting information out here are trusted. The root seems to be peoples ability to see right from wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if I went for a Walkabout in the Australian Outback, on my own, perhaps I could avoid fake news? And I appreciate your honesty about not liking the assignment, but the reality is that it's up to you to show your critical thinking on the issue--to learn why it's a big deal. Is it about being mad at someone who thinks differently? That doesn't necessarily mean the news is fake.

    ReplyDelete